Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

               Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde
This short story is about the incredibly two weird people, Dr.Jekyll, Mr.Hyde, and there's me the best lawyer in town. The name’s Utterson. For some weird reason, while I was in town for a while, I eventually met Dr.Jekyll and his hideous friend "MR.HYDE." Dr.Jekyll was older, smarter, and a better conversationalist. Then, there was dumb, weird, and the erky Mr Hyde. I couldn't stand how annoying he was. I was always left alone with him because Dr.Jekyll always had something to do, and I was sick of it. It was so weird to just be around him; it's like my alien radar is going off. Finally, Mr.Hyde had left and a couple minutes later Dr.Jekyll soon arrived and we talked about "MR.HYDE". Dr.Jekyll was explaining to me how he wanted to write a new will and that he wanted to give all his prized possessions to Mr.Hyde. I told him how ridiculous this sounded, and I for some odd reason- I thought Mr.Hyde was blackmailing him.Since Dr.Jekyll was a friend, I did this favor for him- I made his will. Then, suddenly he disappeared from society. About three months later, Dr.Jekyll's butler came by and asked me if I would help him. He went on to explain that he was terrified for Dr.Jekyll's life. The doctor had been distant, yet kept the butler busy. The butler claimed he couldn't do it anymore- it was too much. Dr. Jekyll was not longer himself and he was concerned about hiss employers health and well being. He could no longer for a man that was on his deathbed. He had to find a new position.
I had to investigate, so we went over to Dr.Jekyll's house. The butler and I went up to Dr. Jekyll’s room. We heard weird moaning and suddenly a shriek. So, I kicked in the door and there laid Dr.Jekyll's body; he had been dead for a couple hours.  Who killed him?
A few days later the answer hit me. I knew how he died because Dr.Jekyll had sent me a letter. A letter that told me about some potion he had made to make himself younger. There were side effects with the youth potion; he became shorter, uglier, and just awful. The terrible result was it had been turning him into MR.HYDE. MR. HYDE in his evil state, commited suicide and in turn murdered Dr. Jekyll.



Wells, H. G., et al. Classic Tales of Terror. Scholastic, 1999.


Comments

Post a Comment